Friday, May 21, 2010

Web development question regarding how to get forms to work. Website was built with dreamweaver 8.?

I have built a website using dreamweaver 8 and a large(most important) part of the site is having people fill out the form and sumbit their information to me. (This is for a home improvement website in my local area.) I bought a book to explain how to use dreamweaver, that was quite good, but they didn't talk about how to recieve the info, just how to build the form. So I have the form built, and I'm ready to get the website up, but I need to know what to do with the form results. They said I should talk to the hosting company, that a lot of them have server-side scripts that will send the information for me. Yet I've talked to many, and they say they only host website and the tech part of it is my deal, which I understand. They also said there are company's that will handle the sending of form information for me, but I really don't want posibble customers of mine information going through a third party. What do I do?? Any hosting companies you know of help me with this? thank

Web development question regarding how to get forms to work. Website was built with dreamweaver 8.?
The best and easiest way would be to use a programming language called PHP. It integrates well with HTML and allows you to do forms, forums etc. You have to set a server up on your computer to test out your scripts though and your hosting company has to support it. Most companies support PHP now (GoDaddy.com is the best).





You also need to read up on MySQL which is a database language. Both PHP and MySQL work extremely well together but i would consider reading up first.





I am 99% sure you can't send data in a form through HTML. It wasnt designed to do that whereas PHP and MySQL was

botanical garden

No comments:

Post a Comment